This past weekend, I decided to replace my aging Dell Intel Core Duo workstation with a custom-built PC.
The PC Specs are:
- CPU : Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell (3.3GHZ) Processor (6 Cores)
- Memory: 32GB DDR4-2667mhz Corsair Dominator RAM (4, 8GB chips)
- GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 980 (4GB RAM)
- Boot Drive: Samsung M.2 512GB SSD Drive mounted to the Motherboard for PCIe 3.0 Express speed (32Gbps)
- Storage: 2, 3TB Western Digital Black Hard disks (64MB Cache, 7200RPM) configured in RAID 1 (mirror) format.
- Power Supply: EVGA 1000 watt Modular powersupply
- Optical Drive: LG BluRay 12x BD-XL Drive.
- Case: Corsair Vengence Series C70 MidTower ATX Case. (With a cool Power and Reset button!)
- Motherboard: ASUS X99-PROD USB 3.1 ATX Series.
- CPU Cooler: Corsair HT100i Water cooler (240mm radiator)
- O/S : Windows 10 Pro
The machine boots up in less than 5 seconds. I have not overclocked the machine yet, but I will share the stats once I migrate my data and install my applications and video editing software.
Here is some of the photos of the build: